For deeper understanding of course material, while maintaining individual accountability
- Organize students into teams of four.
- Provide time in class for teams to meet and determine how they will study for an upcoming test.
- Administer the test for students to complete individually and to submit for instructor grading.
- Before returning the graded individual tests, ask students to return to their teams and take the test again as a team, reaching consensus on each question.
- Average individual grades and team grades to reach a final score.