The file system on an iPad is organized quite like your desktop computer- files are stored within apps themselves, so we often need to know ways to both move them somewhere else as well as ways we can share them via a public link so others can see. Sometimes the files are stored in formats that are not easily shared. In many cases you might have to email them to yourself so you can convert or move them elsewhere on a computer.
This activity will help you learn two different ways to put media in a place so they can be shared with others.
One person should upload their photo to Dropbox:
- Open the Dropbox app.
- Navigate to the Public Folder (this is the only place where you can share files via just a URL).
- Click the 3 dot icon in upper left, and select Upload file. Select Photos.
- Find the photo in your Camera Roll, click it once to select, and click Upload.
- Once it is uploaded, click the image, then use the share icon (box with up arrow) to share via twitter and include @twittername of your partner and the #udgagora hashtag.
The other person should share their photo via Google Drive:
- Open the Google Drive app.
- Open your UdG Agora folder (or create one now via the red + button).
- Click the red + button in bottom right.
- Click Upload, then click Photos and Video. Choose your camera roll, then click the image, and then the check box in the upper right.
- Open the image and click the “i” icon in the upper right. Make sure that under Who Has Access that Link Sharing is ON. Then click the Get Link icon at the top. The URL for your image will be copied.
- Open your twitter client, create a new tweet, press and hold to Paste in the URL. Also add something descriptive to the tweet plus the @twittername of your partner and the #udgagora hashtag
Now teach each other how to share a file the way you learned.