For critical reflection & developing analysis, synthesis and decision making skills
- Form student groups and distribute identical or different case studies.
- Use research in your field or current events as stimulus ideas for your case study.
- Allow time for students to ask questions about the process they are to use to clarify the problem presented in the case.
- Students work in their groups (anywhere from 1 class to several depending on the complexity of the assignment) to study the case in depth.
- Groups apply course concepts to sort data, apply analytic tools, articulate issues, reflect on experience, draw conclusions and recommend actions that resolve the problem in the case.
- Students discuss cases during the all class debrief.